Note

Quick Note: I've stopped using Disqus for my comment platform so all previous comments are gone, but I didn't delete any of your comments. I'm only using the default blogger comment system now.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Nails: Leopard Glam

First attempt at a leopard print design.
Here's what the final result looks like:
(Excuse the awkward and creepy position of my hand because for some reason this hand gesture showed the design the best lol)
Say hello to Ms.Grabb-Creepy Hand:

The leopard print turned out okay. I thought it would look really bad on my fingers but I guess it's not too bad. I already have another idea for the leopard print design right after I did this one, haha.



And as usual, here's the tutorial if you want to know how I did these nails =D

STEP 1: Light Pink.
Start off with a light pink as the base color.
I'm using a nail polish I got from Daiso. It's basically the same color as OPI's Passion, except this one is more creamy so I don't need to apply as many coats.

STEP 2: Pink blobs.
Using a hot-pink color polish (I used OPI Reserve), dot some pink blobs around the middle of your nails.
Your nails should look like they have chicken pox now.

STEP 3: Brackets.
Dip a toothpick in a bit of a brown nail polish and draw brackets around the pink blobs:
I used OPI Glow here.

STEP 4: Random dots.
Using the toothpick again, do random dots around the blobs.


STEP 5: Repeat on the other nails.
I thought the brown was not dark enough so I used a darker brown to go over it again. (The darker brown polish is from a brand called Ke Bi Ya that I bought from Hong Kong.)


STEP 6: Pearly "trims".
Use a pearly or ivory color polish and apply it on the top and bottom of the nails.
Draw these "trims" with a bit of a slanted angle.
It is easy to get nail polish all over your skin during this step (as you can see from the picture), but don't worry about that.


STEP 7: Glitter lines.
To define the trims from the leopard print centers, use a glitter polish and draw thin lines at the end of the "trims".


 
STEP 8: Clean up.
Dip a Q-tip in nail polish remover and scrub away the excess polish on your skin - if you have gotten any on yourself.
If you are lazy, you can just skip the clean up part because the excess polish on your skin will fall off eventually anyway.

Then finally, apply top coat and you are done =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, talk to me =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...