Note

Quick Note: I've stopped using Disqus for my comment platform so all previous comments are gone, but I didn't delete any of your comments. I'm only using the default blogger comment system now.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Memorable Remembrance Day

You're probably thinking... "memorable Remembrance Day? That sounds stupid." But bear with me! It really was pretty memorable for me. (Please take into account that I have been stuck at home a lot recently, and the only place I go other than home is work =_=... How eventful.)

Sooo... in the afternoon, I see my cat running around super excited and staring out the window. It turned out that it was super windy outside. The leaves were flying around everywhere... It looked like it was raining leaves! And my silly cat was trying to catch the leaves lol.
To prove how windy it was...
This tent thing does not belong to us; it is our neighbor's. It was blown over the fence and rolled into our backyard. It started hitting our windows... kinda scary because I was so scared the glass would crack.

Because of the crazy wind, some traffic lights at intersections stopped working, and the lights in my house were flashing from time to time...
After catching up on my assignments a bit, I had some time to go out for dinner XD
Me camwhoring while waiting for my ride.

We went to Boathouse for dinner.
They were having a special Crabfest menu!!!

Sorry for the crappy quality of the pics that follows.


The crabfest menu came as 3-course dinners:
(Don't the choices all sound so yummy?)

While waiting for the food, we got our complementary bread...
I thought it looked like a butt and thought it was pretty funny lol. Sorry for being so childish haha.

Crab Artichoke Dip
As if the crab in our 3-course dinners weren't enough, we ordered this appie lol.
This was really good. Cheesy, but not too cheesy to the point where you can't taste the crab anymore.

Whiskey Crab Soup
This was so interesting. It came like this... a bit of crab meat on a biscotti-like bread...
Then the server comes over and pours the soup in the bowl in front of you =D
Mmm... This soup was yum yum yum!

Sirloin & Dungeness Crab

Crab & Shrimp Topped Sirloin

Crab & Lobster Ravioli

The entrees were really delicious!
I had the Crab & Lobster Ravioli, which was cheesy, hearty, filling, crabby, lobstery, and most of all, yummy LOL. I also tried some of the other entrees. The sirloins tasted fresh and cooked so perfectly to order. And the mashed potatoes that came with the sirloin dishes was really good too =9

Fresh Fruit Sabayon
This was the only dish that evening that disappointed me.
The flavor of the sabayon was nice... It was sweet with hints of orange, but overall, it was too sweet. In fact, it was way too sweet for me and I couldn't even finish half of it.

And that concludes my not-so-eventful, but memorable Remembrance Day... Thanks to the crazy wind and the delicious dinner ^u^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, talk to me =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...