Note

Quick Note: I've stopped using Disqus for my comment platform so all previous comments are gone, but I didn't delete any of your comments. I'm only using the default blogger comment system now.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Heels, heels. They hurt me so.

*ad
Do you not agree?... Heels are so beautiful. And the higher the heel, the prettier I think they are.
 However, ladies, beauty always comes with a price.


If you have small feet like me, not only do you have to worry about finding shoes that fit (or buying enough insoles to make the shoe fit lol), you also have to worry about finding shoes that are comfortable.
Whenever I wear heels, I end up with aching feet at the end of the day. On some extreme occasions, my knees and thighs hurt too. It's like a work-out, except this work-out is bad for you.

Why is wearing heels bad for you? Here are only some of the reasons why:

Pressure on the ball of your foot.
The height of the heels will cause your body weight to shift to the ball of your foot. The higher the heel, the higher the pressure you put at the front of your foot. This can cause a condition called stone bruise or metatarsalgia to develop - which means that the ball of your foot will be in pain D=

Abnormal posture.
Since your weight is pushed towards the front of your feet, your body's balance is altered. Your hips, shoulders, and back all have to shift to keep you from falling over. Being in a bad posture for a long time can cause back and spine problems.

Squishing your toes.
If you like to wear pointed heels, this problem is especially worse. Your weight is shifted towards the front of your foot, where your toes are. This can cause your toes to be further squeezed in inside the narrow front of the shoe. Over-time, squishing your toes too much can produce hammer toes. This is why you should never squeeze your feet into shoes that are too small for you!

There are many more reasons, but basically, long-time wear of heels (or uncomfortable shoes) can really cause damage.

Housershoes.com offers lots of well-known brand name shoes, with many of the shoes on the site looking like they are comfort-first. With summer around the corner, there is a large selection of ladies sandals on the site that look beach-ready haha.
However, they do not have my shoe size because of my stupid tiny feet =(
This is why it is so difficult for me to find shoes that are nice AND comfy because of my small shoe size.

Where do you guys find your comfortable, but nice-looking shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, talk to me =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...