Note

Quick Note: I've stopped using Disqus for my comment platform so all previous comments are gone, but I didn't delete any of your comments. I'm only using the default blogger comment system now.

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Gift-wrap nails

I know it's a little too late to post this tutorial now since it is already Christmas Day today. (I hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas!) I actually did these nails two days ago but I haven't had the chance to update... but here it is...

My nail tutorial on some gift-wrap inspired nails =]

 

I just have to say that the brown and the red looked better together in my head than on the real thing, so you may wanna substitute the colors if you don't like the combination.



STEP 1: Chocolatte base color.
Start with a base color of a dark chocolate color.
I used Smoky Brown from e.l.f.


STEP 2: Thick white stripes.
Then, use a white nail polish and paint a very thick white stripe down the nails.
These stripes do not have to be all centered in the middle.


 
STEP 3: Thin stripe on the thumb.
Paint a thin stripe horizontally on the thumb with a white polish.


STEP 4: Red stripes.
Paint red stripes in the middle of the thick white stripes.
You can also outline the thin white stripe you've just painted with red stripes as well.


STEP 5: Glittery red.
For the red, I used a more opaque red polish and painted a thin layer of OPI's Gettin' Miss Piggy With It on top, because I like my nails glittery =D


 
STEP 6: Bows.
With a nail polish with a thin brush, draw on bows on the sides of the stripes or in the middle of the stripes.


STEP 7: Silver glitter lines.
Because I felt that the nails do not look gift-wrappy enough, I wanted to add some more glitter.
Paint a thin stripe of silver glitter down the nails where the middle of your bows are.
You can also paint horizontal stripes of glitter (see thumb).


STEP 8: Stone.
The last final touch is to add a bling stone to the middle of your bows.
Apply a top coat and you have yourself ten fingernails in pretty gift wrap ;)


Hope you guys liked this design.
And hope you all have a super wonderful Christmas and are already making great plans for the coming New Year =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, talk to me =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...